Role: Accounts Executive
Reports to: Finance Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Accounts Executive will be responsible for tracking supplier payments, receivable payments, updating of the accounting system and office administration in line with processes and procedures of Agent Banking Company, in line with local and global financial accounting standards, best practices, laws, and regulations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and issue customer invoices to the banks and other customers in a timely manner
- Maintain and update a tracker of customer invoices and collections while following up with customers to ensure payments are received in time
- Book daily and monthly revenues and expenses in the accounting system
- Prepare and process supplier payments as per approved monthly payments’ schedules
- Prepare vendor and customer ledger accounts reconciliations
- Manage petty cash disbursements and accountability in a timely manner
- Coordinate and oversee the general office administration to ensure timely delivery of office supplies and proper maintenance is observed
- Undertake any other duties & responsibilities assigned
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent understanding of local and global financial accounting standards and best practices.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations including tax law and tax
- Proficient user of finance software including QuickBooks pro and MS Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage and guide employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are followed.
- Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or any other related field of study.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA/CPA/ACCA or similar will be considered an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a busy FINTECH or Financial Services Industry
- Experience in handling Financial Reconciliations and online payments processing
- Experience in cross functional Team engagement is an added advantage
If you believe you meet the requirements for the position above, please submit your application letter together with your CV to our email by 1st November 2022: firstname.lastname@example.org