● Provided technical assistance to formulate the strategy, business model, and pricing
● Provided grants to hire the project manager who oversaw the project, developed the training curriculum that sets the standards for agent recruitment and management for all banks, and trained bank staff to deploy the solution.
● Provided funds to ABC for the procurement of relevant hardware to start operations. About 1,089 agent banking point-of-sale (POS) devices (integrated with cameras, biometric scanners, and printers) and 137 tablets facilitate the initial enrolments of agents on the platform.
● Provided funds for the training of agents to efficiently deliver each bank's financial services.
● Provided initial grant support and consensus building to initiate the shared agent banking network and coalesce the industry players through support to the Uganda Bankers Association.
● Provided technical assistance for three years to ABC on agent recruitment and network management materials, agent banking risk management tools, a low KYC account, a financial modeling tool, and a data analytics tool. IFC provided ABC and bank staff training as part of this technical assistance.
● Owns 49% of the Joint Venture – ABC
● Carried out technology and training needs assessments of each participating bank.
● Designed and implemented the shared agent banking platform to enable interoperability of agent points for all financial service providers.
● Provided training on the technical platform and handholding to financial institutions to support the platform's deployment.