Role: Manager Business Development
Reports to: Chief Executive
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Manager Business Development will be responsible for driving business growth within the company by developing a network of contacts to attract new clients, research new market opportunities and oversee growth projects, making sales projections and forecasting revenue, in line with projected income. The ideal candidate shall be an ambitious, energetic, dedicated, and agile individual able to develop and implement an effective business development strategy to drive sustainable business growth by forging strong mutually beneficial relationships with clients.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set business development goals and develop strategies and plans to meet those goals.
- Identify market opportunities, trends and client drivers through meetings, networking, and other channels.
- Create development plans and forecast sales targets, revenue, and growth projections.
- Research, plan, and implement new client and target market initiatives.
- Increase the value of current clients while attracting new ones.
- Pursue leads and move them through the sales cycle.
- Develop quotes, proposals and pitch documents for existing and prospective clients and partners.
- Build long-term positive relationships with new and existing clients and partners.
- Acquire and share knowledge by attending conferences, industry, and networking events
- Manage the business development team and report on key metrics.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the CE and/or Management from time to time.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work within tight timelines.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in CRM software.
- Be self-driven and highly motivated to succeed.
- Proficiency in data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in a reputable organisation with a demonstrated track record in business development, sales, or a related role.
- Possess a good understanding of the local and regional financial services market.
If you believe you meet the requirements for the position above, please submit your application letter together with your CV to our email by 1st November 2022: firstname.lastname@example.org